Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I Guess Disney Expects Us to Cry a Lot

The first time we got a little gift in the mail from our wedding coordinator, it was a pleasant an unexpected surprise. The second time, it was still pleasant and a surprise, but not quite as much of one as before. Still, you can't look the pixie dust gift horse in the pixie dust mouth, and I appreciate the gesture to keep us excited. Oddly enough, the third time we got some pixie dust, it was both a surprise, and a slightly bubble-bursting experience.

A small box arrived in the mail the other day, addressed once again to Girl Scout Fiancée and I in the traditional cardboard box that the other two arrived in. Whereas the previous gifts were nice but of questionable utility, inside the box this time were a pair of matching hankerchiefs, in a small keepsake tin. Edit: Well, apparently I was super wrong. Girl Scout Fiancée just informed me that the hankerchiefs are not identical; they have a monogrammed Mr. and Mrs. on them, respectively.

Not entirely sure why they're labeled separately, since they are identical. (Wow, I am so wrong; see edit).
They feel as though they will absorb many tears.
This little pixie dust was totally unexpected; this close to our wedding, I didn't figure Disney would have any need to keep us excited, so I didn't think any more such gifts would be forthcoming. The bubble-bursting part came when I looked at the card. While it was filled with the same kind of heartwarming notes as the ones that came with the previous gifts, it also bore the name of our old wedding coordinator embossed in silver inside, exactly the same as the other two.

Vague, yet reassuring.
Problem is, it's been well over a month since we found out that we have a new wedding coordinator, and that our previous wedding coordinator is no longer with Disney's Fairytale Weddings...meaning that it's likely that this gift and card was part of an automated process, not something generated by our coordinator. I knew, up to this point, that these notes weren't hand written or the gifts hand-packed, but I did kind of think that at least the coordinator was putting a conscious effort into sending these little presents to us.

I will console myself by imagining that this is the automated system responsible.
Regardless of how they come to us, it is a nice touch that Disney puts into place for you. Planning a wedding can be stressful, and the occasional present provides a nice little jolt of happiness along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment