Friday, August 30, 2013

Robin Hood & Maid Marian

Something that Girl Scout Fiancée and I both want to make sure of is that, even with a package wedding, we make our mark on the wedding in some way. This has led her to research options for dresses, flowers, and cakes, while I've been more focused on the constant stress of trying to figure out how to not look like a shambles at the wedding. It was during one of these attempts to find things to leave our mark on the wedding that I realized just how far around the bend we've gone when it comes to the wedding.

One of my favorite Disney animated movies is Robin Hood (possibly only edged out by Aladdin). I suggested that we look for a cake topper featuring Robin Hood and Maid Marian, since they get married at the end of the movie and we could probably find something wedding-themed. Plus, everyone does Mickey & Minnie, or even Donald & Daisy; something more obscure like this is also more likely to stand out. A quick search turned up just the thing we were looking for, a figurine featuring Robin and Marian in their wedding garb. That same search also turned up the price of said figurine, almost $200!

Heh. Furries.
Just so I'll remember later, the official name of the thing is the Walt Disney Classics Collection (WDCC) Disney Robin Hood & Maid Marian Merry Matrimony Figurine. I just want to step back and take a good, long look at the true insanity of wedding preparation. We're seriously considering dropping $200 on a figurine of anthropomorphic foxes in wedding costumes to use once on a wedding cake. Yes, it's true that the figurines will then go on our bookshelves where we display all of the other artifacts of our Relationship Quest, but the more terrifying part is how I didn't even bat an eyelash at the idea. Compared to some of the other wedding costs, something like that is a pittance.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Cristina....
    I am looking for this cake topper for my wedding, where can I find and buy it on line?
    I live in Italy....Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Cristina....
    I am looking for this cake topper for my wedding, where can I find and buy it on line?
    I live in Italy....Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 years later, the price has increased to $600+.... so you did well!

    ReplyDelete