Sunday, March 23, 2014

More Pixie Dust from Our Wedding Coordinator

One of the best things so far about the Disney wedding process has been the little surprises that pop up from time to time. These pleasant surprises are often called "pixie dust" by the folks in the Disney fan community, a little extra sprinkle of magic to make everything more exciting. A while back, we received some charms from our wedding coordinator, a coin for me and a bag for Girl Scout Fiancée's shoes. A few weeks ago, we received another such gift from our wedding coordinator. I've been a bit remiss in posting about it (due largely to general busyness), so I thought I'd do a little unboxing of our pixie dust here.

I'll admit, I get a little excited when a package boxed like this arrives.
Like before, this gift arrived in a small box marked as a special delivery to Girl Scout Fiancée and me. Inside was a card from our wedding coordinator, on top of a small tin containing the actual gifts.

The card on top...
The tin inside.
The goodies in the tin.
For me, there are a pair of collar stays marked with some Disney magic. Step closer, gentle reader, as I pull back the curtain to reveal the dark, inner truths about my lack of sophistication: I had no idea what these were when we got the package. It was only today, after buying my suit, that Girl Scout Fiancée was able to show me (with my new shirt) what, exactly, collar stays are for. Yes, that's right, I'm a fashion Philistine, but I'm learning.

Strange, alien devices known as "collar stays."
And a description of how to use them.
For Girl Scout Fiancée, the package included a small charm for her to keep on her on the wedding day. This is a lot like the coin I received in the first package: not very practical, but a nice gesture and a unique keepsake nonetheless.

Girl Scout Fiancée's charm (not to say that she isn't charming otherwise...)
And her instructions. Complete with hashtags.
This was a nice token from our wedding coordinator, but it should have been an omen. As I've said in previous blog posts: nothing goes the way you expect it to. More on this in a future blog post...

Cue ominous music.

No comments:

Post a Comment