Monday, September 16, 2013

A Few More Groom's Clothing Options

Tonight Girl Scout Fiancée and I spent some time looking at suits, and wedding photos of people in the lighter gray suits, to try and come up with some ideas for what I should be looking for. We have both agreed that a lighter suit will be better, and in looking at Jos. A Bank's website there are a number of 100% cotton or cotton-wool blends that will probably breathe nicely, keeping me from overheating in the Florida late spring/early summer weather. One look that I'm starting to grow rather fond of is the gray suit pants-vest combo with no jacket and the sleeves rolled up. It's a little more casual looking, but without the jacket it's definitely going to be a lot cooler.

This suit actually comes with a 5 o'clock shadow.
I'm still thinking a light green shirt would look nice under a gray suit, something sort of muted and not a blazing bright color. I like the look of the light gray suit, a light colored shirt, and a slightly darker tie. Of course, if I buy a three-piece suit, I can always leave the decision of whether to wear the jacket or the vest until the day of the wedding, depending on what the weather is like. Girl Scout Fiancée has also declared that whatever suit I choose, I need to go with the modern fit/trim fit cut, instead of classic fit. I think I've found just the tie to go with it, too.

Hidden Mickeys. Booyah.
At this point, the toughest part is going to be finding shoes that have some color to them (like the saddle shoes I've posted about before) that looks good with the green shirt and tie. Any opinions on the vest-only look for a modern groom in a late spring Disney World/Florida wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment