Thursday, January 16, 2014

Rules for Suits

Today, Girl Scout Fiancée e-mailed me a link to a Buzzfeed list detailing the Unspoken Suit Rules Every Man Should Know. Turns out, I didn't know any of them. In a fit of amazing timing, just yesterday the Giorgio Brutini shoes I ordered for my wedding attire arrived, and when looking through those unspoken rules I discovered that, according to Buzzfeed, the shoes I bought are not a good match for the kind of suit I want. Hooray. On the other hand, I bought shoes that are about 10 times cooler than I am, so forget what a random news aggregation website says, I'm wearing them on my wedding day.

Shoes that make people say, "Hey, who'd that lame guy steal those shoes from?"
I also purchased the special d20 socks I'm planning on wearing from Diesel Sweeties after they finally got some men's socks back in stock. I've got my Mickey Mouse bowtie, and a Green Lantern belt buckle. Since I reached a certain point in my weight loss, I've started wearing belt buckles (after that Green Lantern one was given to me as a gift), and now it's sort of becoming one of my things; I have one that looks like a classic NES controller, and one that is a replica of the one David Boreanaz wears on the TV show Bones (Girl Scout Fiancée got it for me as a Christmas present). Now, I could wear my Green Lantern one at the wedding, but I've got my eye on another one that might be just as cool, and would be a special thing that I would wear for the first time at my wedding.

"Reversible, to match multiple outfits" he said to justify another Nintendo belt buckle.
Of course, the way men's suits are designed, you actually won't be able to see my belt buckle, but at least I'll know I'm wearing it. Now comes the tough part: the suit itself. I have no idea where to go to get the suit. I know I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I'm a little leery of places like Jos. A. Banks and Men's Wearhouse for a wedding suit. I want to look good, but I don't need to make a statement with how much money I spend on a suit; I just want to look good standing next to Girl Scout Fiancée.

No comments:

Post a Comment